Monday, March 23, 2009

The Intermitent Occurance of Springtime OCD...

I've spent the whole day fervently cleaning the house. It's a strange thing...I generally don't' prioritize cleaning at the top of my list of important life tasks...that's not to say that I don't enjoy a clean home, I do. But hanging out with my Nuggets is just more my idea of a good time, and given the choice of dusting or snuggling with Hubby Nugget, well, it's no contest. I'd say our strategy is one of spot cleaning. It gives us the quality of life that we seek and yet still maintains a mostly socially acceptable level of cleanliness.

Sometimes, though, that hibernating OCD genes kicks into high gear without warning. Today is such a day. After being woken by Little Nugget a little before 7:00am (she brought her sit-n-spin into our bedroom for a quick ride before asking for "fwakes!") I had a cup of coffee and fully expected to be groggy for the next 2 hours of unproductive bliss. But the server at work was down, so my attention diverted elsewhere.

From 7:30-3:00, I literally was on my feet the whole time, hand washing 5 loads of dishes, cleaning out the closet, cleaning out my dresser, moving the dresser, sweeping, mopping, sorting recycling, cleaning the kitchen counters, mopping the floor in there, making snacks/meals for the Little Nugget. She helped from time to time, but I even wore her out.

Must be that spring thing...

Speaking of spring, it's gardening time!!!!! Well, almost in my zone. But close enough that you could probably get away with some conservative planting. I couldn't stand it, my local nursery was having their open house last weekend, so I had to check it out. It was a bit lame, still too early to have a good selection, plus the prices were higher than last year. Don't they know we have an economic crisis? Dude, I'm not paying 4.00 for a tiny-ass sprig of goundcover in a 3 inch pot. I have a bank to cover! I'm all about showing the Mom & Pop shops some lovin', but I'm not going to be stupid about it.

Anyway, yeah, productive day today, now I'm feeling a bit slackerish. Little Nugget has been watching Wer-Wer (Word World), and generally being a sweet angelpie of goodness, so I think after her episode last friday (oh yeah, giant tantrum in Target, wasn't fun) I am entitled to an afternoon of internet surfing and jamming to tunes. Might even get up and shake it a bit in the living room. Oh never mind, she just threw herself onto the floor in a most dramatic fashion because we are out of grapes.

I need a nap. Or an iced coffee.

All for now,
Nugget.

No comments: