Friday, August 7, 2009

TGIF

Technically, my Friday is Thursday, since I'm off on Fridays, but if I said TGITh yesterday, you'd be like, "what?"

Today is shaping up to be a good day. Oh yeah, someone woke me a little sooner than I would like, but I'm getting used to that after almost 3 years. Some highlights:
  • Found an open bag of cedar mulch at the local Lowes for half off, yet still full. That was pretty sweet since I went there to get mulch...

  • Scored a super cute Wonder Pets book for the Monkey, Tiny-sized for her wee little Monkey hands, and just the right size for me to lug around in my Little Nugget survival bag. Inspired many verses of the WP theme song in Target.

  • Speaking of Target, we had an exceptional outing in that she was the perfect child, one that we rarely see around here. All the mothers were jealous, I could tell. It made me giggle a little because I know better! You take it when you can get it.

  • Not that she's a bad child, just spirited. Yes, I said it. Spirited. I've been reading the book by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, "Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents whose Child is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, Energetic." Spirited. Oh. Hell. Yes.

  • Oh and guess what. I took a quiz in that book, and I, apparently, am a spirited parent. No wonder we push each others buttons. Sheesh.

  • Oh and we got a free sandwich from the new Chick-fil-a that's opening next week. Mmm...free!

  • Tonight we are going out to dinner with a high school friend and her husband, without the Little Nugget! Yea! Uninterrupted adult conversation!!!! Yea! Not that dinner conversation with the Sweet Babygirl is lacking, the "Jabba Jabba Yuppa Pets" is very sweet!

All for now, I haven't had coffee yet! Looks like it will be iced coffee today!

Nugget

No comments: