Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Welcome Back to Work

It’s official. “The Man” is stepping down next year, and I will get another new boss. I’m sure the new “Man” will do just fine, I’m just worried about the management style. As far as the current Man goes, hands-off is the preferred method and that’s just fine by me. As long as I do what I’m supposed to do, he’s cool with it. How lucky can a girl get? I don’t think I’ll be so lucky next time.

I like the new Man, I respect the new Man. I think the new Man is very capable. But I think they are also capable of messing with my shit. Who knows how to do my job better than me?

Oh, the new Man can offer insight that would be valuable, and can make the elusive “big project” actually happen, but we know this will happen only after I have been bulldozed flat and the project no longer is recognizable as the bright shiny practical solution to all our departmental needs.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes…

OK, I'll stop whining now...
Nugget

No comments: