Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Diversions of Goodness

I'm looking for a new game to play. I've never really been a game player, but I've been giving it a go as a way to unwind after a busy day.

When I joined Facebook, I really got into Farm Town, as witnessed here. When I say I, I mean we, in that Hubby Nugget was equally enthralled with this time-wasting endeavor. I have to give the Town some cred for making me realize that a relaxed Mommy is a happy Mommy, one that requires less drink to achieve the desired relaxation level.

But all good things must come to an end. My love affair with Farm Town began to fade. I looked to Facebook for another and began playing Farmville. But really it was just a rebound relationship. Who am I kidding.

I re-evaluated my priorities. It wasn't about the coin. It wasn't about the small house versus the farmhouse versus the mansion. I was perfectly happy with the farmhouse (more closet space, but not so much that you felt compelled to become a compulsive shopper). And I really didn't even care about the crops. Oh I did at first, but that was just a means to an end. Plant the crops, harvest the crops, sell the crops, get the coin. Coin in itself doesn't bring happiness, no, Coin brings choices, and choices are good. I digress. What I'm trying to say is that I realized what appealed to me about Farm Town was the fact that I could design elaborate gardens and mazes, and THAT was cool.

So while I am simultaneously amusing myself and cursing Jungle Jewels, I would like to invite someone to create an awesome landscape gardening game app. I bet it would be HUGE. Or not. I know I would enjoy it.

All for now,
Nugget

No comments: