Monday, November 16, 2009

The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back

That would be today at work.

Every once in a while, as is the nature in my department, there will be some person who will magically be perceived in some vulnerable or weakened position in standing and the others will be filled with great joy in tearing that person to shreds and dancing in the blood of their victim. It usually goes in cycles, and the victim is usually someone who is support staff, or one of the other faculty members should there be shifting alliances (which there always are). Even the chair is not immune to such carnage.

So I guess someone put the bull's eye on my back recently without my knowledge, because it is now my turn, and today I just decided I was tired of it. You know, going the whole day without eating because your stomach is churning is just not how work is supposed to be, especially someone who is good at and enjoys what they do. (Yeah, and this is also one of the reasons I've not been quite so prolific in the NaBloPoMoFo, sorry)

So today I wrote a nice little email to the pesticle in question and my boss, outlining why what he is doing is considered harassment, and that in the future I'd appreciate it if he'd step off and let me do my job. It felt pretty good.

Still no response, but I'll be on the lookout for the ravaging natives when I go into the office tomorrow...

No comments: