Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Grapes and Some Artsy-Fartsy Nature Pics

Part two of the Thanksgiving festivities involved a walk down the hill to check out how the baby grapes were doing. They were happily snuggling with their cordons. Hubby Nugget joked that it looked like a stick farm. If you click on the pic below, you can almost see the supermodel-thin grapevines. :-)

Oh but they will take off next year, for sure!!! Now that they're woody, the deer won't have much interest in them...Oh wait, is that a deer trail right by our grapevines?! Indeed it is, and there are more where that came from. Hubby Nugget inspects the Bambi freeway to the grapevine buffet:

Faced with such encouraging news, I headed into the surrounding brush to play with our camera's macro setting and captured some awesome sights of the vineyard in winter (almost winter).
I don't know what this is, but it's sure pretty.

Did I mention how much I enjoy a good moss? Only a few times I imagine. Alas, I won't be trying to plant more moss in my garden this spring. I give up! Do you hear me, squirrels?! You won!!! But don't think I won't still throw rocks at you. Oh I will. Right upside the head. You won the battle, but the war is still on. Bring it.


I reached far back into my dressed-in-black, art-school past to achieve this artsy-fartsy pic of whatever that is. No, really I just put the camera down by my leg and shot up. Caught a lucky break and got a good pic! They call that a "happy accident" in art school, btw.

Another one in the same vein. Love the gnarly vines! Who knows what they are: grapes, poison ivy, trumpet vine...they all grow wild here.

Pretty berries...


Back at the top of the vineyard, got shocked back into reality by this little sight: hard to see, but it's a mole hole and trail. Bonus!


Green Acres is the place to beee...stick farming is the life for meee...
All for now,
Nugget

No comments: