Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Only the 20th, and I'm Already Reduced to Posting Lists

And I'm sure they'll be of interest to everyone!!! You know how Oprah has her "Favorite Things?" Well this is something like that, but slightly more low key. You won't find a car under your seat, just so you know. It's kind of a random list, too. So here we go.

Nugget Seal of Approval:
  • Super-cheap gas, even if it's only for a short while: There is an intersection along my commute route that must be having some kind of price war, because these 3 gas stations are seriously going at it. They are about 15-25 cents cheaper than anyone else in the metropolitan area. I just filled up on the way home, and hold on to your mittens, it was only $1.41/gallon. Is that crazy or what? It's almost like getting a raise!
  • Speaking of cheap, which I am, if you have a consignment store in your area, I highly recommend checking it out. Not all are great, but when you find a good one, it's like you hit the lottery. Last Saturday, I got a like-new cashmere sweater, wool cardigan, blazer, and two yummy leather bags for $45. You can't beat that. No Sarah Palin jokes allowed. And who wants to pay full price for work clothes?! Not Team Nugget. That's not how we roll.
  • And while we're talking about clothes, how about those Merona brand tights, available at Target?! I usually don't like how Merona clothing fits, but hey, who would have guessed they have awesome tights? So there you go. Oh yeah, I'm kinda picky about tights, that's why this is a big deal to me, and why I thought worth mentioning.
  • Special K protein bars. LOVE them. Ten grams of protein. Seriously. And Yummy! I get the Chocolatey Chip ones. Keep one in my bag just in case I get hungry, need a snack or want a chocolate bar. And for those WW folks out there, only 3 points. I know, I had you at Chocolatey.
  • I seriously love my new Logitech ergonomic wireless mouse. It has a special high-speed wheel that allows you to scroll up or down your document at the speed of light!!! Especially useful if you are working on, say a spreadsheet that has about 3500 records and is LONG and SLOW to scroll through. Like molasses. With the new mouse, I can flick it with my fingernail and watch the entries FLY by, back and forth...I amused myself this way at work today. Good times.
OK, that's today's list, I'm sure it won't be the last.

Nugget

No comments: