Thursday, November 13, 2008

Out-RAY-geous!!!

So this guy on the news just warned of impending economic doom, the likes of which we haven't seen since the Great Depression. I hear this a lot lately, but what does this mean?

I know prices have gone up (well gas is exceptionally low, albeit temporarily--I just about pissed myself with excitement when I filled up for 16 bucks this week). But what are the signs of Armageddon that we're supposed to look for?

Team Nugget is pretty frugal to begin with, so is the next step saving used aluminum foil and growing our own chickens in the backyard? I haven't bought new clothes for two years. Should I forget about picking up a new sweater for this winter and get a sewing machine instead?

Seriously, I have no problem shopping at Goodwill, but I just want to know what we're talking about here. Mass hysteria? The Real Deal? Anyone?

What would Lou "Mud" Dobber do?

Nugget

No comments: